Why do we collect this information?
The information is being collected for the following purpose/s:
1. To enable us to respond to your question, comment, enquiry or complaint.
2. To enable us to provide you with a service.
3. To provide statistics on use of the website and evaluate its use. The legal basis each purpose is set out below: Legal basis Purpose Consent Performance of a contract Legal obligation Vital interests Task carried out in the public interest 1, 2, 3 Legitimate interests If you provide us with information in relation to your health this is regarded as special categories data (personal data which the General Data Protection Regulations say is more sensitive, and so needs more protection). Our legal basis for processing this special categories data in relation to your health is your explicit consent. The Trust provides a wide-range of public services. Some of these can be applied for and/or accessed online, and we look to continually improve on the delivery of services in this way.
What information do we collect about you?
1. For an online enquiry, we collect your name, address, telephone contact number and email address. Complaints can be submitted without providing these details but we will not be able to respond to you unless you provide a way of contacting you.
2. For a swimming class enquiry we will also collect you and your child’s address, date of birth, gender and medical conditions that you divulge which is relevant to the delivery of our classes.
3. If you set up a My FCT account, we collect your name, age, email address, telephone number, address (where you live).
4. In order to support the better delivery of services online, the website logs your IP address (which identifies your computer) and information about your session, such as the duration of your visit and type of browser used ( such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Google Chrome). This is logged both on our internet servers and on Google’s ‘Analytics’ platform. We anonymise the IP address information sent to Google ‘Analytics’ so that individual users cannot be identified on an IP address level. This information is used only for system administration and to provide statistics which we use to evaluate use of the site. The site does not automatically capture or store any other personal information.
Where do we collect information from?
We collect information from you or a third party acting on your behalf, for example a carer, parent or guardian, a solicitor, a councillor, another family member, health professional.
Who might we share your information with?
Falkirk Council established the Trust in 2011 and the Trust carries out services on behalf of Falkirk Council. We may share your information with Falkirk Council. They are our information governance, legal, health & safety, financial, IT, child protection, insurance advisers, the owners of the sites that we manage, and their environmental health unit are our enforcing authority for health & safety. Information submitted via the website will be shared with the Trust teams best able to deal with your question, comment, complaint or request for a service. We may also share information with IT System administrators & suppliers for the purposes of upgrading and maintaining the systems. We may also share your information if we are required to do so by law or with the Scottish Information Commissioner (freedom of information), the Information Commissioner (data protection), the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (complaints) and the Health & Safety Executive (accidents). The Trust has a duty to protect public funds. We may check your information within the Trust and with Falkirk Council for verification purposes and/or for the prevention of fraud. We may share your information with other organisations where we are required to do so for the purposes of the prevention or detection of crime.
Will we send your information outwith the UK?
We do not transfer your information outwith the UK.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
1. We will keep your information provided via an online enquiry, complaint, or service in accordance with their individual retention periods as detailed in their specific privacy notices; and on a quarterly basis from the content management system.
2. We will store your My FCT account details until you remove your account or for 1 year after your last interaction. What are my rights in relation to the information held about me? You have the following rights: • To see any information held about you by making a subject access request. • To withdraw consent at any time, where the legal basis for processing is consent. • To data portability, where the legal basis for processing is (i) consent or (ii) performance of a contract. • To request rectification or erasure of your information, where data protection legislation allows this.
Do I have a right to complain about the way information has been used?
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, please let us know and we will try to resolve this. If you are still concerned, you can contact the Information Commissioner: Information Commissioner's Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) Fax: 01625 524 510 Email: email@example.com
Do I have to provide my personal data to you?
You do not have to provide information to us via the website. You can choose to contact us in other ways. However, if you want to set up a My FCT account on the Falkirk Community Trust, Helix and/or Hippodrome websites then we need to know the information set out above.
Do you use any automated processes to make decisions about me?
We do not use automated decision making processes
Please note: This privacy notice only covers the Falkirk Community Trust, Helix and Hippodrome websites. Links within the site to other websites are not covered by this privacy notice. You should check the terms of the privacy notice/policy of those other sites. If you use the online payment facilities offered on the website, the details you provide will be stored on a secure server operated by our online banking partner. We do not have access to these details. The banking partner will only inform us about the identity of the person making payment and the nature of the payment. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 via our website. If you are age 12 or under, please do not provide us with information about you or others. Please seek the guidance of your parent or guardian before submitting information via our website.